Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

In Search of Powdered Sugar

A couple of weeks ago, my cousin called while making gingerbread men in need of a last minute icing. Her problem - she had no powdered sugar. Flash forward 2 hours, I got to thinking that I bet a lot of people run into this issue. It could possibly be a pandemic this time of year.

Given that I knew a solution, who was I to not share it with the masses? Well, the Norwegian butter epidemic hit and I forgot...but now I've remembered.

So, what are you to do when you have no powdered sugar and you simply *must* have it?

Whip out your coffee grinder or food processor, pour in some granulated sugar and grind or process it into a powdered sugar oblivion making your own, of course.

This will take about 3-5 minutes depending on the amount of sugar and the quality of your blade.

Now, my cousin owns neither grinder nor food processor so her gingerbread men attended the party sans-clothing, but that's besides the point...
Powdered Sugar (aka Confectioners' Sugar, Icing Sugar)

1 comment:

  1. editor's note: cousin owns food processor. cousin just felt lazy, and gingerbread like to be nakey. :)

    ReplyDelete